There are a few steps you can take in writing your blog posts that will make them more enticing to read and generate more blog traffic. I’ll provide details on each of these steps in future posts.
1. Use the Google Adwords Keyword Tool to pick a keyword phrase for your article. Google “Google Adwords Keyword Tool” to locate the tool. My keyword phrase for this article is “How to Write a Blog.” I call this technique “seeding” the blog with keywords. Consistently using effective keyword phrases in your blog will build your blog traffic. You’ll be surprised by how quick and easy this is once you start doing it.
2. Use that keyword phrase in the title of your article, in the first sentence and in the tags of your blog post.
3. Write a catchy title first before writing the blog post.
4. Write the blog post and keep it short. By short, I mean a half page and no more than a page. If your idea lends itself to a longer article, then divide the concept into several shorter articles. Being concise demonstrates you are a clear thinker. People value clear, concise content especially because there is so much unedited, and insubstantial content around.
5. Pick one photo for your article and post it on the top left or right. Photos increase the likelihood your post will get read.
6. Spell check your article. Yes, there is a lot of unedited content on the web. An occasional error is forgivable, but show your respect for others by spell checking.
7. Be sure to include a description, a tag and a category when you post the post. If you aren’t familiar with these items, I’ll explain them in a later post.
The above strategy is common knowledge among skilled and experienced bloggers. Following these steps will add 10% more time to writing a blog post but will increase its effectiveness 100% if you aren’t using keyword phrases now.
Please comment and let me know what you notice from using this strategy to seed your blog with keywords.